Rishi Kapoor Profile, Height, Age, Family, Wiki, Biography, & More
|Full Name||Rishi Raj Kapoor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 173 cm
in meters– 1.73 m
in feet inches– 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 90 kg
in pounds– 198 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||– Chest: 45 inches
– Waist: 38 inches
– Biceps: 13 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||4 September 1952|
|Death||30 April 2020|
|Birthplace||Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Mayo College, Ajmer (attended for less than a year)
Campion School, Mumbai
|College/University||Did Not Attend|
|Educational Qualification||8th Fail|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Mera Naam Joker (1970, as a child actor)Bobby (1973, as a lead)
Film (Director): Aa Ab Laut Chalen (1999)
|Address||Krishna Raj, 27, Pali Hill, Bandra (West), Mumbai|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||1970: Bengal Film Journalists’ Association Awards: Special Award, and National Film Award for Mera Naam Joker
1974: Filmfare Award for Best Actor for Bobby
2008: Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award
2009: Honoured by Russian Government for contribution to cinema
2010: Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards: Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Love Aaj Kal
2011: Zee Cine Awards: Best Lifetime Jodi along with Neetu Singh, Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actor for Do Dooni Chaar
2013: The Times of India Film Awards (TOIFA), Best Actor in a Negative Role for Agneepath
2016: Screen Lifetime Achievement Award
2017: Screen Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – Male for Kapoor & Sons, Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Kapoor & Sons
|Controversies||• In 2015, his tweet about the fact that he is a beef eating Hindu, created a controversy.• After he had criticized Congress for naming public assets after Gandhi dynasty, the Congress supporters named a public toilet after Rishi Kapoor in response to his tweet.
• In 2016, Rishi had created problems at actress Asin and Rahul Sharma’s marriage. It was said that Rishi was annoyed with the loud music and the lighting at a party at the marriage venue. When things got out of hand, Rahul was forced to intervene. After this incidence, the party lasted for only an hour and a half after Rishi left.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Dimple Kapadia (Actress)Neetu Singh (Actress)
|Marriage Date||January 22, 1980|
|Wife/Spouse||Neetu Singh (Actress, m. 1980-present)|
|Children||Son– Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)Daughter– Riddhima Kapoor Sahani (Designer)|
|Parents||Father– Late Raj Kapoor (Actor, Filmmaker)
Mother– Krishna Kapoor (Housewife)
|Siblings||Brothers– Randhir Kapoor (Actor), Rajiv Kapoor (Actor)Sisters– Ritu Nanda, Rima Jain|
|Nephew/Niece||Nephews- Nikhil Nanda, Aadar Jain, Armaan Jain
Nieces- Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor, Natasha Nanda
|Favourite Food(s)||Yakhni Pulao, Khatti Dal, Fish Fry, Paya, Chinese cuisine|
|Favourite Beverage||Black Label whisky|
|Favourite Actor||Raj Kapoor|
|Cars Collection||Audi R8, Mercedes-Benz S-Class (W222), Nissan X-Trail|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹ 275 Crore ($40 million)|
Interesting Facts About Rishi Kapoor
- Does Rishi Kapoor smoke ?: No.
- Does Rishi Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rishi is the third generation of the highly respected and first family of the Bollywood-Kapoor family.
- He was a very notorious boy in his childhood.
- He was first seen in the movie Shree 420 (1955) as a toddler in the song “Pyaar Hua Ikraar Hua”.
- Rishi played the role of younger Raj Kapoor in the movie Mera Naam Joker. His performance was critically acclaimed by the audience.
- His debut film Bobby’s scene, in which Rishi Dimple meets in her home, was inspired by the real meeting of Raj Kapoor and Nargis.
- In the movie Amar Akbar Anthony (1977), Rishi (figure Akbar Illahabadi) named Neetu in the first scene with her real name “Neetu”. The scene was accidentally not corrected and is still in the movie.
- Neetu Singh was at first very irritated by Rishi; since he has always played many pranks with her and once kajal thrown on her face and she had to revise her entire make-up.
- After five years of courtship, Rishi and Neetu tied the knots together on January 22, 1980. Later it was also known that both were unconscious during their wedding rituals.
- Neetu got because of her heavy dress and Rishi because of the meeting.
- After his movie Karz, which was expected to become a big hit when it turned out to be a big flop, he went into depression for some time.
- It was rumored that Neetu divorced him because of domestic violence, but withdrew the case because of her children.
- Rishi also tried his hand at directing and made his directorial debut in 1999 with the movie “Aa Ab Laut Chalen” starring Aishwarya Raiand Akshaye Khanna.
- He is considered the original “prince of romance” in Bollywood.
- Like other Bollywood actors, he is also very famous in Nigeria, and the people of Nigeria have given him the nickname “Mace,” which means “woman.”
- His last movie as a romantic hero was Karobar (1998).
- 20 Bollywood actresses debuted to him.</br>
- Both Rishi Kapoor and his son Ranbir Kapoor had made a “towel drop act” in their debut films. Rishi had it in his debut film Bobby in 1973, while Ranbir had it in 2007 in Saawariya.
- Initially, he was not interested in social media handles, but Anushka Sharma and
- Abhishek Bachchan convinced him to join Twitter.
- For his film Kapoor and Sons he played the role of the 80-year-olds. The look was created using make-up prostheses and took 12 to 13 hours to prepare him for the scenes.
- In January 2017, he published his biography entitled Khullam Khulla: Rishi Kapoor Uncensored.
- He was not the first choice for Not Out; When Paresh Rawal refused the role, she went to him. Amitabh Bachchan and Rishi reunited after 27 years in the film industry and 27
- years was the age difference shown in the film between their ages.
In his autobiography, he revealed that he had paid £ 30,000 to receive the award for the best actor for his role in his debut Bobby.