What is Coronavirus?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.
What are symptoms of COVID-19?
COVID-19 symptoms include:
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Unexplained loss of taste or smell
Tips for prevention
1. Wash your hands frequently and carefully
2. Avoid touching your face
3. Stop shaking hands and hugging people
4. Don’t share personal items
5. Cover your mouth and nose when you cough and sneeze
6. Clean and disinfect surfaces
7. Take social distancing seriously
8. Do not gather in groups
9. Avoid eating or drinking in public places
10. Wash fresh groceries
11. Wear a (homemade) mask
12. Self-quarantine if sick